Re: import a .out file - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jonathon Stierman
Subject Re: import a .out file
Date
List pgsql-novice
It's only about 20 tables -- so creating them by hand in M(S/Y)SQL wouldn't
take too long.

I still need to get the data into PostGreSQL though before I can run my own
export though.  I'm using the pgAdminIII tool to try to import the script,
but I am (sadly) getting strange results when running the import.  Maybe I'm
going about this the wrong way:

Right click my database >> choose CREATE script
Click the "Open" folder button and select my .out file
Click the Execute button

It chugs for a good 2 or 3 minutes (fine by me, it's a 50 meg file it's got
to parse and execute) -- but at the end, it doesn't give any confirmation of
failure or success.  I open up my database, and it's still completely empty
-- no table structure or data.  I'm wondering if it's a problem with the
.out dump, or my process of importing... any ideas?

Jonathon