Re: Database synchronization - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Database synchronization
Date
List pgsql-sql
Jyoti Seth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have one query related to slony-I. Can I replicate table data in different
> schemas. Say if have table 'country' in database 'stock' and schema
> 'stocksch'. And I want to replicate the data in table 'country' of database
> 'smsdb' and schema 'smssch'. Here, the country table is present in two
> different schemas. Can I replicate the country table data from schema
> stocksch to schema smssch or I have to create a schema with the same name
> for replication.

I don't think slony lets you rename tables/schemas during transfer. I'm
not sure many people want it, and it would be a complicated thing to do
properly in the general case (you'll need to consider dependant objects
- FKeys, views, functions etc).

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd