Re: Database synchronization - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Database synchronization
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 09:22:04AM +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:
> I don't think slony lets you rename tables/schemas during transfer. I'm
> not sure many people want it, and it would be a complicated thing to do
> properly in the general case (you'll need to consider dependant objects
> - FKeys, views, functions etc).

It doesn't allow this, but you could cause it to happen anyway on the
replica using a trigger.  You have to use STORE TRIGGER to make this
work.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.    --George Orwell