Re: calling webservice through postgresql function - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dmitry Turin
Subject Re: calling webservice through postgresql function
Date
List pgsql-sql
Good day, Jyoti.

JS>> (e.g. pl/perlu).
DT>   __You as man (by hands) install connect__ between DBMS and external world
DT> by procedural language once again.
DT> You are wrong once again:
DT> advantage is to __refuse__ from procedural language (to install connect)
DT> instead of put it from outside of DBMS into inside of DBMS.
DT> All, which is necessary, is DBMS itself listen some port/protocol.

My version:

(1.1)
User send to remote database (HTTP will ask login):
c:/dir>  xml2http.exe database.my.com username password a.xml
for example
c:/dir>  dbf2xml.exe a.dbf | xml2http.exe database.my.com username password

(1.2)
User send to local database (at transformation data between DBMS-s):
c:/dir>  xml2http.exe 127.0.0.1 username password a.xml
for example
c:/dir>  dbf2xml.exe a.dbf | xml2http.exe 127.0.0.1 username password

(2.1)
Database send to local file (at transformation data between DBMS-s):
pg>      copy a.b.c to filename.xml;

(2.2)
Database send to remote database
(if 'sys.username' and 'sys.password' are equal null,
then database sends as anonymous):
pg>      update sys set
pg>        ral="database.remote.com",
pg>        username=
pg>        password= ;
pg>      a.b.c ->;
or
pg>      update sys set
pg>        ran="101.102.103.104",
pg>        username=
pg>        password= ;
pg>      a.b.c ->;
or if you prefer to export per table
pg>      update sys set ral="database.remote.com";
pg>      create view av as select * from a where ...
pg>      create view bv as select * from b where ...
pg>      create view cv as select * from c where ...
pg>      av ->;
pg>      bv ->;
pg>      cv ->;

Once again: users need simple instruments, instead of your (in you link)
JS>>    CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
JS>>    use DBI;
JS>>    my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:mysql:'.$_[0],$_[1],$_[2],
JS>>       { RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit = > });

Do you understand me ?

Dmitry Turin
SQL4      (4.1.3)  http://sql40.chat.ru