Re: [HACKERS] Small improvement to compactify_tuples - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sokolov Yura
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Small improvement to compactify_tuples
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera писал 2017-05-15 20:13:
> As I understand, these patches are logically separate, so putting them
> together in a single file isn't such a great idea.  If you don't edit
> the patches further, then you're all set because we already have the
> previously archived patches.  Next commitfest starts in a few months
> yet, and if you feel the need to submit corrected versions in the
> meantime, please do submit in separate files.  (Some would even argue
> that each should be its own thread, but I don't think that's
> necessary.)

Thank you for explanation.

I'm adding new version of first patch with minor improvement:
- I added detection of a case when all buckets are trivial
   (ie 0 or 1 element). In this case no need to sort buckets at all.

--
Sokolov Yura aka funny.falcon
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.ru