Informix Schema -> PostgreSQL ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mark Fenbers
Subject Informix Schema -> PostgreSQL ?
Date
Re: Informix Schema -> PostgreSQL ?  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
List pgsql-sql
I am an ex-Informix convert.  Informix used the term "schema" to refer
to the SQL-format definition of how a table or view was created.  E.g.,
CREATE TABLE john ( char(8) lid, ...);  Some views we have are quite
complex (and not created by me) and I want to create a similar one in
Pg.  If I could see the view in this SQL format, then I could use SQL to
create another one using this as a template.

pgadmin3 can show this definition in SQL format, but I can't use
pgadmin3 on a certain box.  How can I show information in Pg (psql) the
way that Informix would show a schema?

BTW, what does PostgreSQL call this (what Informix calls a schema)??

Mark