Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> I still feel this policy is very non-open-source-like, but maybe that is
>>> the point.
>>>
>> How is providing a uniform presence that promotes our community
>> non-open-source-like?
>
> You are basically saying you have to dress a specific way to help, and
> if you don't/can't dress that way, we don't want you in the booth.  I
> guess it is like rejecting a patch.

I think the basic idea of making sure that they're always provided, and
*encouraging* people to wear them, is a very good thing.

*Requiring* people to wear them seems like a bad thing. These are after
all volunteers we're talking about - regardless of if they're there on
their own money or on company time (for a pg or other company).

//Magnus