Moving toward a more professional booth presence - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Moving toward a more professional booth presence
Date
Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence  (Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail@wars-nicht.de>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

As we continue to become the dominant enterprise open source database, I
would like to see our booth presences start to reflect our PostgreSQL
*is* the database of choice nature.

In that Vein, I would like to start seeing only PostgreSQL materials at
our booths. *WAIT CONTINUE TO READ BEFORE YOU FLAME*

Usually at our booths (at least the ones that I man) we have a various
assortment of sundries including brochures (cmd included). At LW-SF last
year we had:

CMD
EDB
OTG
PostgreSQL.Org
Hyperic

Plus a couple of others.

Although many in the community pride themselves on PostgreSQL.Org's
diversity (which is a good thing), the presentation it provided was one
of general dis-organization and lack of focus.

Remember that a place like LW-SF contains lots of those people that cut
checks and make decisions.

What I would like to propose is that all materials to be displayed that
are immediately visible be PostgreSQL.Org only.

Secondly I would like to propose that we get some very nice
PostgreSQL.Org folders (blue + elephant) which would essentially be a
services directory.

A little section for Community Help, Training, Support, Consulting
etc... Each company/consultant/community member could have their own
full page flyer in the folder and *that* person's company / expense.

Otherwise we will provide the information as submitted to the
PostgreSQL.Website (one liners essentially, directory style).

Thoughts?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/