Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence
Date
Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh,

> Usually at our booths (at least the ones that I man) we have a various
> assortment of sundries including brochures (cmd included). At LW-SF last
> year we had:

I'd agree we need to cut down on the variety of paper stuff.  "Less is
more".  Sticking to .ORG-only stuff would do that.

I'd suggest:
1-page general information sheet
"PostgreSQL for Executives" brochure ala Fujitsu
1-page B&W flyer about some current/related information
    (e.g. about 8.3 when we release it, listing PostgreSQL talks at OSCON,
etc.)

> A little section for Community Help, Training, Support, Consulting
> etc... Each company/consultant/community member could have their own
> full page flyer in the folder and *that* person's company / expense.

I'm going to suggest another requirement: the listed company must be a
PostgreSQL project contributor.  That is, they must have/be donating code,
money or resources to the project, our NGOs and/or our conferences.

I think we have enough companies actually supporting the project that we
don't need to help promote those which don't.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun