Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 10:41:40 -0700 Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> In that Vein, I would like to start seeing only PostgreSQL materials at
> our booths. *WAIT CONTINUE TO READ BEFORE YOU FLAME*
>
> [...]
>
> Plus a couple of others.

What about as example BSD flyers? The european BSD groups have some
really nice and informant PostgreSQL flyers and on every event they
drop some batches at our booth. Theme is PostgreSQL, of course, but
there's also a part about running PG on BSD in this flyer.

> What I would like to propose is that all materials to be displayed that
> are immediately visible be PostgreSQL.Org only.

Sounds good to me, in addition we should have flyers ect. somewhere in
a repository or on a website.

> Secondly I would like to propose that we get some very nice
> PostgreSQL.Org folders (blue + elephant) which would essentially be a
> services directory.

Good idea, but the point should be "Informations about PostgreSQL", not
some kind of a fan shop. If you sometimes look at a Debian booth, there
are T-Shirts and other merchandising stuff and you don't even can see a
flyer at all.

> Otherwise we will provide the information as submitted to the
> PostgreSQL.Website (one liners essentially, directory style).

I started a discussion about improving the existing directory back in
march, but i'm sorry, i don't had the time to write my ideas done in
code.

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum