Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 10:41:40AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Secondly I would like to propose that we get some very nice
> PostgreSQL.Org folders (blue + elephant) which would essentially be a
> services directory.
>
> A little section for Community Help, Training, Support, Consulting
> etc... Each company/consultant/community member could have their own
> full page flyer in the folder and *that* person's company / expense.

As long as we do this, I think it's worthwhile.  This is the obvious
thing to hand to people when they start asking, "Well, how big is the
community?  Are there support agreements I can get?" &c.  If we have
a folder to hand out at that point, it might leave the impression
that this is a community with lots of participants, and that we're
well-organized about harnessing those contributions.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Everything that happens in the world happens at some place.
        --Jane Jacobs