Re: Problem with oids for table names getting out of sync? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From omar
Subject Re: Problem with oids for table names getting out of sync?
Date
List pgsql-general
>> SELECT relfilenode, relname FROM pg_class WHERE relname !~ '^(pg_|sql_)'
>> AND relkind = 'r'
>>
>             Oid o = PQftable(_res, i);
>

> Um ... are you laboring under some delusion about relfilenode being the
> same as relation OID?

Apparently I am.  libpq docs claim that "You can query the system table
pg_class to determine exactly which table is referenced." for PQftable.
I query pg_class and the only column that looks remotely like a unique
oid is relfilenode.  The other thing is that it works most of the time
and starts to work again when I dump and restore.

Thanks