Re: Multiple foreign keys with the same name and information_schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Tapicer
Subject Re: Multiple foreign keys with the same name and information_schema
Date
List pgsql-general

> Actually, the information_schema supposes that constraint names are
> unique within a *schema*, not within a *catalog* (a/k/a database).
> Don't know if that distinction can help you or not.  You are correct
> that Postgres is less rigid.  We do not consider that to be a deficiency
> on the Postgres side ;-)

Yes, my bad. Anyway, it doesn't help, I have both tables on the same schema.

> If you want to use the information_schema to deal with this stuff, the
> answer is to make sure that your application follows the SQL-standard
> rule of not duplicating constraint names within a schema.
>
>                        regards, tom lane

Yes, I know that following the SQL standards is the way to go, but
sometimes this has to be done in databases I don't design, so I have
to be prepared for every case. I think I'll use the pg_catalog for
this case.

Thank you for you answer,

Jonathan