Re: Postgresql Backups - Mailing list pgsql-general

From sub_woofer
Subject Re: Postgresql Backups
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all

Thank you very much for your responses! I realised that the restores were
not working as the databases were not being...backed up!...oops! After I did
the reinstallation of the OS I forgot to give permissions in postgresql for
the user doing the backup in ubuntu! I have fixed this.

I have also listened to all your advice and decided to do single dumps of
each of the databases as well as a pg_dumpall of the globals.

But still the issue remains how do you perfom a restore (not using the
command line that I know how to do and works successfully now!), but via
pgAdmin. As when I click on restore after selecting the file the okay button
is still disabled....any ideas????

Thanks again!

t.