Re: Postgresql to Delphi - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Postgresql to Delphi
Date
List pgsql-general
Bob Pawley wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have posed this question to the Delphi list but they don't appear
> to be able to help.
>
> I am attempting to have the information in a PostgreSQL database
> table trigger a function in Delphi.

Not sure what the Delphi stuff was on about - not my field. You've
basically got three options for triggering events though:
1. Poll from the client app
2. LISTEN/NOTIFY
3. Some privileged procedural function that writes to a file or sends a
packet etc.

Polling is inefficient, and doesn't sound responsive enough for you.
LISTEN/NOTIFY might be the best bet if your drivers can support it.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd