Re: who gets paid for this - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: who gets paid for this
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christian Bird wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a grad student at UC Davis studying the postgres community and I
> wanted to know if some on this list could help me out.  I'm studying
> the factors that affect people "graduating" from being mailing list
> participant to developers with write access to the repository.

It is done on a meritocracy basis and has zero bearing if the person is
paid to work on PostgreSQL or not.

I believe (would need verification) that it is -core who decides who
gets actual commit privileges.

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/