Re: Cast record as text - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mikko Partio
Subject Re: Cast record as text
Date
List pgsql-general
A. Kretschmer wrote:
>> My original idea was to log changes from different tables to one audit
>> table, and I think tablelog uses separate audit tables for each monitored
>> table?
>>

> Yes, but with tablelog it is possible to restore any changes, you can
> restore a table.
>
> A blog-entry from Andreas Scherbaum, the maintainer, about tablelog:
> http://ads.wars-nicht.de/blog/archives/100-Log-Table-Changes-in-PostgreSQL-with-tablelog.html

I agree that the ability to restore changes is quite nice, but my
primary goal is to record changes from many tables into one table, and I
think tablelog does not offer that. Do you know any way of casting a
record to text, or perhaps a different way altogether to audit to one
table? It's hard to believe I am the first person to come up to this
problem.

Regards

MP