Re: Cast record as text - Mailing list pgsql-general

From A. Kretschmer
Subject Re: Cast record as text
Date
List pgsql-general
am  Wed, dem 14.02.2007, um 22:37:36 +0200 mailte Mikko Partio folgendes:
> > Why do you want to reinvent the wheel?
> >
> > http://pgfoundry.org/projects/tablelog/
> >

> > But it use a separate log-table per table.
> >

> > Andreas
>
> My original idea was to log changes from different tables to one audit
> table, and I think tablelog uses separate audit tables for each monitored
> table?

Yes, but with tablelog it is possible to restore any changes, you can
restore a table.

A blog-entry from Andreas Scherbaum, the maintainer, about tablelog:
http://ads.wars-nicht.de/blog/archives/100-Log-Table-Changes-in-PostgreSQL-with-tablelog.html

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer