Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32
Date
List pgsql-general
Bill Moran wrote:

> Will only apply if you connect via loopback networking (which is not
> psql's default).  Try your connect command like this:
> psql template1 -U postgres -h 127.0.0.1
> and see if the results change.

Hi Bill,

Using the -h 127.0.0.1 does cause the password prompt to fire, however
the weird part is in my pg_hba.conf I also have the local entry set to md5

local   all         all                               md5

I did some more testing and it seems the password I used during the
win32 install is being cached somewhere.
If I don't change the password from the one I used during the install it
lets me right in, if I change the password to something else I get a
password
authentication error with a blank password, if I then change the
postgres password back to the one I used during install a blank password
again lets me right in.   I have not done a reboot yet, I will do reboot
and see if that clears it up.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design