Re: Data transfer between databases over the Internet - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John McCawley
Subject Re: Data transfer between databases over the Internet
Date
List pgsql-general
I think I may not have described my problem clearly enough...I *already*
have a server-side app written in PHP with a Postgres backend...This is
the ultimate destination of the data.  The problem is that I am being
forced by my client to deploy a 3rd party app on all of my field guys'
laptops...This app (that I have NO ability to modify) is set in stone, I
cannot use a different one or modify it.  I am trying to write an app
client side that exports the data from the .mdb backend of this 3rd
party program and into my Postgres backend.  This needs to work over the
Internet, as my guys are not necessarily on my LAN.

Believe me, you don't have to sell me on the benefits of web
programming.  What I am trying to do is work around the limitations of
someone else's app.  Everything that I have written on this project
(with the eception of these "glue" apps) is PHP/Postgres.