Re: Data transfer between databases over the Internet - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: Data transfer between databases over the Internet
Date
List pgsql-general
John McCawley wrote:
> I'm not really sure what switching development platforms for the tool
> would buy me.  Are you saying that the wire-protocol used by vb.net
> and C# etc. is substantially faster than what is available in VB?
> Regarding ASP.net, I don't really see how a web app would help here,
> as it has to run on hundreds of client machines...Are you suggesting
> that I install a webserver on them?

I would say it probably is a bit faster, but the nice thing is there is
no client libraries required, hence a thinner deployment.

With a web application you would have the application run at a single
web server and the clients would access through a browser.  That way you
would not have to deploy anything.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design