Data conversion tools? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Armbrust
Subject Data conversion tools?
Date
Re: Data conversion tools?
List pgsql-general
I'm trying to convert a database from either MS Access or MySQL into
Postgres.  I have found a couple of tools that will almost do what I
want - but not quite.  To make things match up with code that is already
written - I need to have all of the table names and column names
converted to lower case during the conversion process.

I have found a couple of (free or demo) tools that will do it - navicat
has a tools that will convert from MSAccess to Postgres - however, it
doesn't offer a feature to lowercase all of the table names and column
names.

DB Tools Manager Professional will do it as well - but again, no way to
tell it to lowercase things in the process.

PGAdmin II had a tool that would do this - but alas - that part of
PGAdmin was never brought into PGAdmin III.  And the last version of
PGAdmin II that I was able to find wouldn't run against my Postgres DB.

Short of installing an older Postgres DB that PGAdmin II will work with
- does anyone else know of a tool that can do what I want?

Is there a script of some sort that I can run that would go through a
set of tables and lowercase everything?

Thanks,

Dan

--