Re: Data conversion tools? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Data conversion tools?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 15, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Dan Armbrust wrote:

> I'm trying to convert a database from either MS Access or MySQL
> into Postgres.  I have found a couple of tools that will almost do
> what I want - but not quite.  To make things match up with code
> that is already written - I need to have all of the table names and
> column names converted to lower case during the conversion process.

Well, for tables it wouldn't be hard to craft a query that spits out
the appropriate ALTER TABLE RENAME statements. Unfortunately, ALTER
TABLE doesn't support renaming columns, but it might be safe to run
an update on the system tables to accomplish that.