Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Brian Hurt
Subject Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?
Date
Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?
Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?
Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?
List pgsql-performance
I'm having a spot of problem with out storage device vendor.  Read
performance (as measured by both bonnie++ and hdparm -t) is abysmal
(~14Mbyte/sec), and we're trying to get them to fix it.  Unfortunately,
they're using the fact that bonnie++ is an open source benchmark to
weasle out of doing anything- they can't fix it unless I can show an
impact in Postgresql.

So the question is: is there an easy to install and run, read-heavy
benchmark out there that I can wave at them to get them to fix the
problem?  I have a second database running on a single SATA drive, so I
can use that as a comparison point- "look, we're getting 1/3rd the read
speed of a single SATA drive- this sucks!"

Any advice?

Brian