Re: After Trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: After Trigger
Date
List pgsql-general
Bob Pawley wrote:

> I am seeking wording for a procedure that will initiate a trigger only
> after another trigger has completed its function. In this case I want to
> drop a table that is created and used by the first trigger.

You could just call a function from your trigger, or handle it inside
the trigger.

An alternative approach would be to use a permanent table, fill it
within your transaction and trunk it eventually. To other transactions
there'll never be any data in it, and you lose the overhead of creating
and dropping the table (replacing it by trunking...).

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl

magproductions b.v.