Re: Strange database corruption with PostgreSQL 7.4.x o - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthias.Pitzl@izb.de
Subject Re: Strange database corruption with PostgreSQL 7.4.x o
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello everyone!

Small update on this issue:
Our server has four 146GB disks as pairwise RAID 1 and one of these is
affected by the bug mentioned in the HP support page.
As quick fix i moved our database to the the other raid device built of
unaffected disks. Till now i don't got any new database corruption, so i
think the one disk with the firmware bug is the cause of our problems. Since
only the database does a lot of I/O onto the disks, this will help us for
the next days till we can upgrade or replace the bugged disk.
Thank you all for your hints and suggestions!

-- Matthias

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&
taskId=110&prodSeriesId=397634&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397634&objectID
=PSD_EX050119_CW01