Re: 7.4's INFORMATION_SCHEMA.Columns View - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mike.griffin@mygenerationsoftware.com
Subject Re: 7.4's INFORMATION_SCHEMA.Columns View
Date
List pgsql-general
Well, does it have an actual length, that seems strange to me, is in
infinitely large?  I guess I'm just not used to being allowed not to
define something, I'm a Microsoft type (he he) don't get me wrong, we've
taken our product into all kinds of open source areas, what an eye opener
it's been. I really like PostgreSQL, it's so much more powerful than MySQL
yet you don't hear much about it?  Anyway, I'm working on our foreign key
queries tonight, we're pulling back lots of good meta data.

I noticed that there is no INFORMATION_SCHEMA.Indexes ?  isn't there
supposed to be one.  Thank goodness PostgreSQL has good documentation for
the system catalogs.