Re: tsvector/tsearch equality and/or portability issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: tsvector/tsearch equality and/or portability issue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Andrew J. Kopciuch" <akopciuch@bddf.ca> writes:
>> On Thursday 24 August 2006 10:34, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>>> devel=# select 'blah foo bar'::tsvector = 'blah foo bar'::tsvector;
>>> ?column?
>>> ----------
>>> (1 row)
>
>> This could be an endianess issue?
>
> Apparently not, it works for me on HPPA (big endian) and on Darwin/PPC
> (ditto).  I'm testing CVS HEAD though, not 8.1 branch.
>
> However ... I also see that tsearch2's regression test is dumping
> core on my OS X machine.  I haven't cvs update'd for awhile on this
> machine though --- will bring it to HEAD and report back.
>
> Can some other people try this?  We need to get a handle on which
> machines show the problem.

I am trying on current copy of HEAD.. however:

jd@scratch:~/pgsqldev$ bin/psql -U postgres postgres <
share/contrib/tsearch2.sql
SET
BEGIN
"pg_ts_dict_pkey" for table "pg_ts_dict"
CREATE TABLE
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
INSERT 57434167 1
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
INSERT 57434170 1
ERROR:  could not find function "snb_ru_init_koi8" in file
"/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so"
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block

I will try on 8.1 in a moment.

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/