Re: tsvector/tsearch equality and/or portability issue issue ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tsvector/tsearch equality and/or portability issue issue ?
Date
Re: tsvector/tsearch equality and/or portability issue
List pgsql-hackers
"Andrew J. Kopciuch" <akopciuch@bddf.ca> writes:
> On Thursday 24 August 2006 10:34, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> devel=# select 'blah foo bar'::tsvector = 'blah foo bar'::tsvector;
>> ?column?
>> (1 row)

> This could be an endianess issue?

Apparently not, it works for me on HPPA (big endian) and on Darwin/PPC
(ditto).  I'm testing CVS HEAD though, not 8.1 branch.

However ... I also see that tsearch2's regression test is dumping
core on my OS X machine.  I haven't cvs update'd for awhile on this
machine though --- will bring it to HEAD and report back.

Can some other people try this?  We need to get a handle on which
machines show the problem.