Deleting Functions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Scott Petersen
Subject Deleting Functions
Date
List pgsql-sql
Folks,

I am using PGSQL do do all of my schema changes, but have run into a
problem.  I need to be able to DROP all of the USER FUNCTIONS that are
defined in a schema.  The problem is that I do not know the names of all
of the functions and parameters.  I know that I could use '\df' and then
use perl or some other scripting language to parse this, but I need to
be able to perform this action on multiple platforms (without rewriting
the process for each platform).

I have written a script that incorporates '\df' and appropriate parsing
to perform this action for LINUX and it works fine/lasts a long time.  I
need to make this more transparent so it will run on all platforms (in
particular windows).

I know that in the past (version 7) there was a way to drop the
functions by directly accessing some of the system tables.  The
question/problem is that we have updated to version 8.1 and need the
same functionality.

Any help or directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Scott.