Re: Deleting Functions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jim Buttafuoco
Subject Re: Deleting Functions
Date
Re: Deleting Functions  (Scott Petersen <scottpetersen@softhome.net>)
List pgsql-sql
Scott,

I use the following query with psql \o option.  Change the schema name from public to whatever.  I am sure you could
put
this into a plpgsql function using execute as well.

Jim

\o drops.sql
select 'drop function ' || nspname || '.' || proname || '(' || pg_catalog.oidvectortypes(p.proargtypes) || ');' from
pg_proc p join pg_namespace b on (p.pronamespace=b.oid) where nspname='public';
\o
\!vi drops.sql # <<remove the fluff from the query
\i drops.sql