Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Sounds kinda like our discussions:
> You've got to download it. And then you have to go check the website.
> Download some drivers and PLs. You have to check your version
> dependencies. Compile your binaries and/or install them. Probably do
> that once or twice.  It's just so easy. And so simple. I don't know
> why everyone doesn't use PostgreSQL.  Thank God they don't, or then
> they would all be supervillains, wouldn't they? Heh heh.

Well this is more of a marketing thing.

Who is our target? Oracle, DB2 and MSSQL users...

or Access and MySQL?

I will opt for the first thanks, and those people don't expect
everything just to be right out of the box (o.k. maybe MSSQL does.)

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/