Re: checking on buildfarm member thrush - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: checking on buildfarm member thrush
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Could you get a gdb stack trace from that crash?  If the buildfarm
> run is under a suitable ulimit, it should be leaving a core file
> in the test PGDATA directory.

Unfortunately the core size for the user pgfarm is 0:

$ulimit -c
0

However I did a configure, make and make check on regression test
and I got two cores, may be I do something wrong but I'm not able
to get any information.

Configured with:

./configure --prefix=/home/pgfarm/HEAD/inst --enable-cassert --enable-debug --enable-nls --enable-integer-datetimes
--with-perl--with-python --with-tcl

$ gdb tmp_check/install/home/pgfarm/HEAD/inst/bin/postgres ./tmp_check/data/core.6516
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.3.90-0.20030710.41rh)
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
Core was generated by `postgres: pgfarm regression [local] COMMENT                                   '.
Reading symbols from /lib/libcrypt.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libcrypt.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libdl.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libdl.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/libm.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/libm.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/libc.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/libnss_files.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libnss_files.so.2
#0  0x00000005 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000005 in ?? ()
#1  0x00004000 in ?? ()