postgresql live-cd - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Koen Martens
Subject postgresql live-cd
Date
Re: postgresql live-cd  (Markus Schiltknecht <markus@bluegap.ch>)
Re: postgresql live-cd  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: postgresql live-cd  (Michael Dean <mdean@sourceview.com>)
Re: postgresql live-cd  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello all,

Introducing myself: Koen Martens, the person who took up the task of
creating a live cd containing (at least) postgresql and pgadmin3, to
be handed out on conferences (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/livecd/).

Now, my idea is to create one of those nifty credit-card sized cd's,
that fits in your wallet. We'd base that on DSL (Damn Small Linux)
2.4 probably.

Of course, doing a credit card sized cd limits the amount of stuff
that can be on there. Right now what should be on there i think:

- Latest 8.1 postgresql
- pgadmin3
- browsable html documentation

Don't know if that leaves us much space yet, will report later on.

Any hints, ideas, opinions are welcome!

Best,

Koen