Re: I see this as the end of BDB in MySQL without a doubt. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From TJ O'Donnell
Subject Re: I see this as the end of BDB in MySQL without a doubt.
Date
Re: I see this as the end of BDB in MySQL without a doubt.  ("Chad" <chadzakary@hotmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
"Chad" <chadzakary@hotmail.com> wrote:
"What we need now is an open source DB with clean APIs into various
places in the software stack (eg we need a Berkeley DB kind of API
under the hood into something like Postgres) A full bells and whistles
relational DB with these low level ACCESS APIs will be a powerfull
thing in the future. PostgreSQL take note. If you don't already have it
you should begin exposing such a thing today in my humble opinion."

I am quite happy with the c-language API for postgres, as far as it's
capabilities and access to low-level postgres.  OK, the docs and examples could
be better.  Am I missing something in Chad's comments/warnings or is he
missing something in not understanding pg better?
Chad, could you say more about what in the BDB/API is missing and needed in postgres?

Could it be that Oracle's recent company purchases were intended simply to confuse
people about the future of MySQL and therefore ecourage them to select Oracle?

TJ O'Donnell
http://www.gnova.com/