Re: Postgres using 100% CPU - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Postgres using 100% CPU
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2/15/06, Nikola Ivanov <xlpizza@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found the pid of the postgres process that was consuming all the CPU. I
> turned the stats back on (and reloaded the conf file), but when I query
> pg_stat_activity I get nothing back. No records.

did you restart server?  I think stats collector setting is only set
on server start.  You may want to consider using pg_ctl to kill that
pid.  I also think about leaving command strings stats on for a while
depending on your transaction volume.  There is some overhead but the
information it gives can be highly useful.

Merlin