Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Mike Ellsworth
Subject Re: Oracle buying Sleepycat, JBoss, and
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert Treat wrote:

<Of course I haven't figured out where PHP/Zend fits into this... maybe to help make php/mysql less ubiquitous. >

Just a guess - but it may be related to IBM's Open Ajax initiative.

Presumably, web-apps are a big part of Oracle's future plans.  If they own the better-known power tools, they'll be better able to control the web app "construction process" and help hatch more Salesforce dot com's, which I believe use Oracle.

Next salvo could come from Adobe/Macromedia.  They'll need to enter the fray soon.

I think there is PG lemonade to be made from the lemons.