Re: Postres.exe Processes Hang - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Subject Re: Postres.exe Processes Hang
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/18/08, Magnus Hagander

Hi, all!
As Magnus said, this is caused by the fact Npgsql does connection pool
by default.
You can change that by passing pooling=false in your connection string.

You can get more info at
manual.npgsql.org

I hope it helps

<magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Kim Robinson wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using the npgsql postgres data adaptor in a C# ASP.NET application.
>> Each time the site establishes a new connection to the database a
>> postgres.exe process is started. For some reason this process is not
>> removed when the connection is closed.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Are you by any chance using some connection pooling that keeps it alive?
> I don't remember what the default is in npgsql, but a lot of frameworks
> have connection pooling enabled by default.
>
> //Magnus
>
> --

Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.