Re: Interval aggregate regression failure (expected seems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paesold
Subject Re: Interval aggregate regression failure (expected seems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>
>>Michael Paesold <mpaesold@gmx.at> writes:
>>
>>>I am definatly not going to use -march=pentium4 in any production
>>>system. Should I open a bug report with RedHat (gcc vendor)?
>

>>Yeah, but they'll probably want a smaller test case than "Postgres fails
>>its regression tests" :-(
>

> I have just confirmed that the problem still exists in FC4's current
> compiler (gcc 4.0.1, gcc-4.0.1-4.fc4), which probably will boost up the
> priority of the complaint quite a long way in Red Hat's eyes.
>
> I've also confirmed that the problem is in interval_div; you can
> reproduce the failure with
>
>     select '41 years 1 mon 11 days'::interval / 10;
[snip]

Would you mind reporting this to RedHat Bugzilla? I believe a bug report
from you would have more weight then mine, because you actually
understand what's going on here. :-)

Otherwise I am going to do do my best...

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold