Re: Autovacuum Integration Patch Take 5 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Autovacuum Integration Patch Take 5
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net> writes:
> BTW, I know people are eager for 8.0, but given that our release cycle
> is so long, and that by everyones estimates we are at least 3 months
> away from a release, what is the hurry for beta?

If I thought we were just a day or two away from having a committable
patch, I'd lobby for more delay, but I don't really think that (and
now that I know you'll be gone over the next couple days, the odds of
that have clearly dropped to zero).  We have already slipped beta six
weeks from the original plan, and we cannot keep slipping it
indefinitely.

Again, I do have to apologize for not having found some time to look at
your patch earlier.  Hindsight is always 20-20 :-(

            regards, tom lane