Re: Autovacuum Integration Patch Take 5 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: Autovacuum Integration Patch Take 5
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:

>"Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net> writes:
>

>>Well I didn't get out of the office as early as I had hoped, and I have
>>stayed up longer than I had planned, but I have a patch that addresses
>>many of the issues raised by Tom.  Please take a look at let me know if
>>I'm heading in the right direction.
>>

>You're headed in the right direction, but I'm afraid we're running out
>of time.  The core committee has chewed this over and agreed that we
>can't postpone beta for the amount of time we think it will take to make
>this patch committable.  So we're going to hold it over for the 8.1
>release cycle.

BTW, I know people are eager for 8.0, but given that our release cycle
is so long, and that by everyones estimates we are at least 3 months
away from a release, what is the hurry for beta?  A few more days to get
this feature in wouldn't hurt, it was submittted before feature freeze,
and I have been waiting weeks on end to get feedback.