pg_restore single table privileges/indexes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Amiel
Subject pg_restore single table privileges/indexes
Date
List pgsql-general
"PostgreSQL 8.2.0 on i386-portbld-freebsd6.0, compiled by GCC cc (GCC) 3.4.4 [FreeBSD] 20050518"

We just switched from 'pg_dumpall" to "pg_dump -format=c" for our nightly backups.
I wanted to experiment with restoring a single table (if the need should ever arise) from the dump file.

I use the --clean option on the restore to drop the table first

pg_restore -U pgsql --table codes  --dbname devl --clean backup.pgsql

It seems to work fine with no issues.  However, none of the privileges are set.
I checked the dump with grep and sure enough, they are there:

root@server# grep --binary-files=text "GRANT SELECT ON TABLE codes TO jboss;" backup.pgsql
GRANT SELECT ON TABLE codes TO jboss;

So...the privileges are in the dump...but do not get restored.  Is this issue unique to the --table option?  Is there some way to force it to restore the privileges?

I also notice that the indexes are not restored...that I understand.  I guess I have to do separate --index for each index on the table, correct?

Any help would be appreciated.