Re: pg_restore single table privileges/indexes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alan Hodgson
Subject Re: pg_restore single table privileges/indexes
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 06 February 2007 09:32, Jeff Amiel <becauseimjeff@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> We just switched from 'pg_dumpall" to "pg_dump -format=c" for our nightly
> backups. I wanted to experiment with restoring a single table (if the
> need should ever arise) from the dump file.

> I also notice that the indexes are not restored...that I understand.  I
> guess I have to do separate --index for each index on the table, correct?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

You can extract the full table of contents from the custom dump
(pg_restore --list dump_file), then extract just the lines relevant to your
table and use those to restore (or at least identify the objects to
restore). You'll find the ACL's, indexes, foreign keys and triggers all on
different lines.

--
Ginsberg's Theorem:
 1) You can't win.