Re: column name is "LIMIT" - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: column name is "LIMIT"
Date
Re: column name is "LIMIT"
List pgsql-performance
On 3/14/2005 1:28 PM, Robert Treat wrote:

> Yeah... how come no one told him "don't do that"?  LIMIT is an SQL
> reserved word, so it's likely to cause trouble in any database you try
> to use it on... I'd strongly recommend renaming that column asap. You
> can see other reserved words at
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-keywords-appendix.html
>
> Robert Treat

Note also that the Slony-I replication system has problems with column
names identical to reserved words. This is rooted in the fact that the
quote_ident() function doesn't quote reserved words ... as it IMHO is
supposed to do.

Jan