Re: Comments on subquery performance - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Comments on subquery performance
Date
List pgsql-sql
T- Bone wrote:
> (second attempt in two days to post this message...I appologise if for
> some reason a duplicate appears)
>
> Hello all,
>
> I created a query that contains two subqueries and joins and would like
> some feedback on whether:
>  1) this approach is logical; and,
>  2) if this is an optimal approach (performance wise) to return the
> records I seek.

Well you could just do:

SELECT  l.*, c1.catname, c2.catname, c3.catname
FROM  tbl_listing l,  tbl_categories c1,  tbl_categories c2,  tbl_categories c3
WHERE  l.catid1 = c1.catid  AND l.catid2 = c2.catid  AND l.catid3 = c3.catid

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd