Re: postgres session termination - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Tillotson
Subject Re: postgres session termination
Date
List pgsql-general
IF you use pg_pconnect(), never close your script, and this page always
shows the same data to all users, then the temp table would work,
although it is not necessarily quicker than selecting ALL the rows
(i.e., don't bother with a temp table at all; just run the whole select
every time.)

The usual method for handling this is the LIMIT and OFFSET clauses in a
SELECT.

For example, this would get the results to put on the fifth page:

SELECT * FROM products ORDER BY stock_number DESC LIMIT 10 OFFSET 40;

Paul Tillotson