postgres session termination - Mailing list pgsql-general

I think this is a common task, but I’m not sure how to do it.

I want to run a query that can return many records, display them

10 at a time, and be able to go forward/backward in the list.  I’m

not concerned about the list changing after the initial query.

I’m accessing this via a php web page.  I’m thinking that maybe

the best way to do this, other than re-running the query each time,

is to put the results into a temporary table.  I think this will work

if I never call “disconnect” from the php script.  My question is,

when does my Postgres session end?  Is there a timeout?

Of course, if this is a really bad way to do this, I’m willing to

learn a better way!

Thanks!