Odd error with FK referencing another FK column? (was Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: Relation 38868974 does not exist) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Odd error with FK referencing another FK column? (was Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: Relation 38868974 does not exist)
Date
List pgsql-general
Alain M. Gaudrault wrote:
> We had a foreign key which was referencing a column in table which
> itself was a foreign key (something that was new to our system).  We've
> made mods to prevent the two levels of foreign keys, and so far, so
> good.  Not sure how this would explain the behaviour we were seeing,
> though, do you have any idea?

Not unless you'd dropped/recreated the second table. I'd expect a
foreign-key trigger function to use the OID of the referenced table.

I've taken the liberty of cc-ing the list on this with a changed
subject, since someone might have a better idea than me.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd