Re: Scheduler in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Scheduler in Postgres
List pgsql-general
No doubt about this, there are a lot of features which are way more
important, but this was not the point at all.

The question was if there is any advantage of having it in the DB, and
the answer is: yes there is some advantage. It's a totally different
problem how important it is - there are many ways to handle scheduled
processes.

I would myself vote with leaving it out in favor of other features (my
favorit is shared row level locks, or anything else it would take to
finally solve the too strong lock for FK check problem, which makes
inserts in tables with FKs deadlock prone). Not that I could influence
at all the development through contributions, nor funding...

Cheers,
Csaba.