Re: DBD::PgSPI 0.02 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: DBD::PgSPI 0.02
Date
List pgsql-hackers
BTW, I would like to get these capabilities into core plperl.

There are some obstacles to overcome. For example:

. not every perl installation has DBI
. how to turn it on for trusted plperl
. DBD::PgSPI is covered by GPL, which means it can't be used in the core
distribution of postgres - we'd have to reinvent it in a clean room fashion.

cheers

andrew